The 2017 Pumpkin Walk was a huge success! Read this post for more information.
2017 Heritage Rail Trail County Park Pumpkin Walk
October 14, 2017 6PM – 9PM
(Saturday *** Rail or Shine)
Enjoy a 1/2-mile walk on the Seven Valley’s, PA section of the Heritage Rail Trail decorated & lighted with hand-carved pumpkins
All proceeds benefit the work of the York County Rail Trail Authority
Telephone: 717-428-0999 or our Contact Form
Ways You Can Participate:
- Become an event volunteer. Volunteers are needed to help with set-up, parking, admissions, lighting, monitoring pumpkins, and clean-up
- Donate pumpkins. Local pumpkin growers are encouraged to donate a portion of their crop to be carved by volunteers & then displayed along the walk.
- Carve a pumpkin and bring it to the Seven Valleys parking lot of the Heritage Rail Trail on the afternoon of the event.
- Plan a pumpkin carving party for you and your family, scout group, church group, senior citizen group, etc. and bring your creations to the Seven Valley’s parking lot of the Heritage Rail Trail on the afternoon of the event.
- Bring family and friends to the event. The event is family-friendly. The walk is ADA accessible. And it’s great fun for the “little ones.”
How to Enter a Pumpkin in the Pumpkin Walk
- Get a pumpkin. A limited number of pumpkins will be available at the Seven Valleys parking lot of the Heritage Rail Trail on Saturday, October 7 from 10 AM to 12 Noon or until pumpkins are gone. Groups may contact York County Rail Trail Authority to request that pumpkins be reserved for their group. Families are limited to 2 pumpkins.
- Carve your pumpkin.
- Enter your pumpkin in the walk.
Bring your carved pumpkin to the Seven Valleys Parking Lot on Saturday, October 14 from 10 AM to 4 PM, and our volunteers will place it along the pathway.
- Want your pumpkin back?
No problem. When you bring your carved pumpkin to the Seven Valleys parking lot on Saturday, tell the volunteer you would like it back. We’ll number it, and you can pick it up on Sunday, October 15 from 12 noon to 4 PM.
Directions and Parking:
Parking locations for the Pumpkin Walk:
- Seven Valleys Fire Station, 35 Main St., Seven Valleys, PA 17360
- Liberty Christian Fellowship, 7 Maple St., Seven Valleys, PA 17360
- Seven Valleys Parking Lot of the Heritage Rail Trail: Church St (RT 214), Seven Valleys, PA 17360
- York County Rail Trail Authority Office Parking Areas, 45 Cherry St., Seven Valleys, PA 17360
The largest parking area for the October 14th Pumpkin Walk will be at the Seven Valleys Fire Station, 35 Main Street, Seven Valleys, PA 17360. See map below for all available parking areas.
From York and surrounding areas: Take US Route 30 West. After exiting the “By-Pass” move to the far left lane. At the traffic light, turn left onto PA Route 616 South. In York New Salem, go straight at the light. At the intersection with PA Route 616 and PA Route 214, continue straight onto PA Route 214 East. The Fire Station is on your left after you cross Codorus Creek.
From Hanover and surrounding areas: Take PA Route 116 East toward Spring Grove. Bear right onto PA Route 216 at the Rutter’s Farm Store. At the four way STOP intersection, turn left onto PA Route 516 North. At the traffic circle in the center of Jefferson bear right and take the first road on your right, Green Valley Road. At the intersection of Green Valley Road and PA Routes 616 and 214 turn right onto PA Route 214 East. The Fire Station will be on your left.
From Spring Grove and surrounding area: Take PA Route 116 west. Bear left on PA 516 toward Jefferson. In the borough of Jefferson go three quarters of the way around the traffic circle and take York Street which becomes Green Valley Road. At the intersection with PA Routes 616 and 214, turn right onto PA Route 214 East. The Fire Station will be on your left.
From PA points south – Glen Rock, Railroad, Shrewsbury, New Freedom Take the Susquehanna Trail north. Turn left onto PA Route 216. At the first road on the right, turn right onto Yellow Church Road. As you descend a long hill coming into Seven Valleys, parking is available at Liberty Christian Fellowship on your left (7 Maple Street, Seven Valleys, PA)
From locations in Maryland: Take Interstate 83 North to Exit 8, Glen Rock and PA Route 216. At the end of the exit ramp, turn left. At the STOP sign, turn right. At the next intersection, turn left onto PA Route 216. At the first road on the right, turn right onto Yellow Church Road. As you descend a long hill coming into Seven Valleys, parking is available at Liberty Christian Fellowship on your left (7 Maple Street, Seven Valleys, PA)